As a contributor, you represent that the code you submit is your original work or that of your employer (in which case you represent you have the right to bind your employer). By submitting code, you (and, if applicable, your employer) are licensing the submitted code to LinkedIn and the open source community subject to the BSD 2-Clause license.
Please refer to our Security Policy for our policy on responsibly reporting security vulnerabilities.
The Venice community welcome everyone, and encourage a friendly and positive environment.
Contributions of various forms are welcome!
Please read existing GitHub issues or development work that is in progress or in the backlog to avoid duplication. If you are interested in those existing ones, you can leave a comment in the GitHub issues and the community will try to involve you. If you are not sure if it’s duplicated, just create a GitHub issue and ask!
For any PR, a GitHub issue is required.
If you want to contribute something new, and it’s not tracked in existing GitHub issues, please create a new
GitHub issue and the community will help review the idea. Please state
why in your GitHub issue.
If you already have a short design in mind or change is not small please check the
Venice Improvement Proposal
If you have any feature request, please create a new GitHub issue and the community will collect your feature request and work on it.
If you have any user feedback, please create a new GitHub issue and the community will collect your feedback and work on it.
- Make sure all new features are tested and the tests pass.
- Bug fixes must include a test case demonstrating the error that it fixes.
- Open an issue first and seek advice for your change before submitting a pull request. Large features which have never been discussed are unlikely to be accepted.
Venice does Contributor sync meeting for the contributors to come togather in a virtual meeting.
- Meeting Frequency : Bi-weekly on Wednesday at 8 AM Pacific, 11 AM Eastern, 5 PM Central Europe
- Meeting Co-ordination : Please join the #contributor-sync channel in the public Venice Slack
- Meeting Length : One hour
- Agenda :
- Discuss Venice Improvement Proposals.
- Review and address concerns for any open pull requests.
- Open discussion.